Saturday, December 10, 2011

Santa 2011!

Today marked another first for Kason!  His first visit to see Santa Clause!  We took him to the state museum.  That's where my family always went when I was a kid, so I was excited to start/carry on this tradition with Kason.  My parents and one sister (we missed you Stace) were able to join us, which was great.  I know it was special for them to see Kason starting the same traditions.  Warning - lots of pictures to follow.  I was in full mamarazzi form today!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
  I wasn't sure how Kason would react to the whole experience.  He has a little bit of separation anxiety, so I was a little worried that he would throw a fit on Santa's lap.  That was not at all the case!  Although we didn't get any smiles out of him, he did sit on his lap without any fuss.  He seemed so mesmerized by all that was going on around him, that he forgot that he was sitting on a strange man's lap.
Photobucket
Photobucket
{Hey, who is this guy?}
Photobucket
{Me on Santa's lap in 1987}
After we saw Santa we went on the train that is also at the museum.  My sisters and I road this train with our mom for many years.  My mom also road the train with her siblings when she was a kid.  It's not the same train that my mom and I road, but it looks very similar!
Photobucket
{2011}
Photobucket
{1988 - I think Kason totally resembles me (I'm the one that is sitting in the front of the train, my sister is on my mom's lap)}
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
{This is the train that my mom and I both ride when we were kids.  It has since been retired.}

I'm fairly certain this trip wore our little boy out.  This is how he fell asleep for his nap...
Photobucket
Photobucket
How sweet our those fingers?!

We had so much fun.  I can't wait to carry on this tradition with Kason and any other children we have in the future. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment