Monday, April 26, 2010

This and That

This is going to be another random blog post. Don't have anything major to blog about but few little things.

First...

Our new car! My poor little Cavalier couldn't take much more use. Last week it decided that going into park was something of the past. I would have to put it in reverse and put on the emergency break to keep it from rolling backwards. Fancy, huh? Once that happened we figured it might be time to start thinking about a new car. We were hoping my car would hold on until fall, but we had to bite the bullet and buy a little sooner. Oh well. We decided to get a 2009 Nisaan Xterra. Totally not what I was going to look at. I wanted a Murano, but after driving this I liked it a lot better and the price was more reasonable. Kaia LOVES it. It has much more room for her to roam around. So, there ya have it, our new car!

Second...


I wanted to share a couple of pictures from my friend Stefanie's bridal shower. It was Saturday and we had a great time! The first picture is Stef and I and the second picture is with our other high school friend, Megan. The three of us were best friends in high school and have lots of great memories together. I can't believe high school was 5 years ago. Doesn't seem possible! Anyways, so happy for you Stef. Can't wait for your wedding in just a couple of months!

Third....

Okay, so I know that I'm a little behind, but Duane and I watched Blind Side last night and absolutely LOVED it! What a great, positive message it sends to kids and adults alike. If you haven't seen it the movie is about a 16 year old boy that comes from a pretty broken home. He is pretty much homeless, and does not have much hope. A family (mainly mom) decides to take the boy in and raise him as their own. The boy turns out to be an awesome football player and goes on to play at a D1 school and then in the NFL. That's just the basics, but it was such a powerful message. It reaffirmed my strong feelings towards foster care/adoption. If you haven't seen it, go out and rent it!

Fourth....

This picture has nothing to do with the 4th item, just thought it was cool! I wanted to end this post with a verse that has helped me out a lot lately.

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (NIV, John 13:34-35)

I know that this is not a new verse and you've probably heard it a thousand times. However, I really started studying it this week. You see, sixth graders aren't always easy to love (shocking, I know). There are days when I literally want to rip my hair out because I am so frustrated. And then I stop and think to myself, God loves me even though I am always sinning against him. He loves me no matter what I do. He has commanded me to do the same. Even the hardest kid to love, God calls me to do it. The slow check-out lady at Wal Mart, God wants me to love her. The lady that gives me a dirty look when Kaia barks at her dog, God wants me to love her. It's what he has done for me, so I will strive to love all people. Just kind of something that has been on my mind.

Well there ya go! Another random post. I'm off to eat dinner and continue studying this "crazy" love. Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment