Monday, September 6, 2010

Q&A with Momma G!

You heard right, I am pregnant! This 100 lb. frame is slowly getting larger! It killed me to wait until I got to 12 weeks to post our exciting news, but it was something I felt strongly about so I stuck to my plan! A lot of people knew already so it probably wasn't a huge shock to most. Anyways..I thought I'd give a little more information about our news...in case you care! :) If not...you can just scroll down to the bottom if you want to see the first picture of Baby G or my little baby bump. I feel like I answer the same questions 5 times a day so it will be easy to type them all out! I refer to the baby as Baby G, and I'm Momma G. I can thank our friends for those nicknames! :)
Here we go!
Q: When is Baby G due?
A: I am due March 19, 2011. I've known I was pregnant since I was 5 weeks. I took a test after we got back from South Carolina because I wasn't feeling quite right. Duane was quite convinced it would be negative but my intuition told me I was pregnant. We figured the due date before I went to the doctor, but my doctor ended up sticking with out due date. Pretty crazy how much significance Baby G's due date holds. Baby G is due 3-19, which is our address and as you know the title of my blog. It is also the day that my grandpa passed away on when I was in sixth grade. I miss my grandpa a lot, so it would be really cool if this baby could make March 19 a more happy day. Obviously, babies usually aren't born on their due date, but hey, a girl can dream right?!
Q: Was this a planned thing?? (I get this question A LOT!!)
A: I really dislike this question because I don't know how to answer it. I think I get the asked this lot simply because I'm only 23 and Duane and I have only been married 1 year. Were we trying, no. We were on a two or three year plan. We wanted to wait a little while before we started trying to get pregnant. However, sometimes I think God laughs at my so called plans. We were quite shocked when the pregnancy tests (yes I said tests, plural! I took 3 because I was so surprised) came up positive. However, there is no way we could EVER be upset about this little one that is growing inside of me. As far as I'm convinced, if God planned for this baby to be here, then I planned for it to be here, I just didn't know it! Duane and I are married, and both have steady jobs, so really the timing is perfect.
Q: How have I felt?
A: If you would have asked me this question about 3 weeks ago, I would have said HORRIBLE! I was really sick to my stomach every night for about 3 weeks. Kind of weird because I always figured I'd be sick in the morning, not at night. This was quite a blessing especially since my classroom is quite a distance from the nearest bathroom. I'm glad I never had to dart to the bathroom to throw up during the school day. Other than being sick, I was really, really tired all the time. Starting school didn't help, but I had no idea how much a tiny baby could wear on my body. However, now that I'm slowly approaching trimester 2, I'm starting to feel much better. I've even felt a little more energetic the last few days. Wahoo for energy! I have also started doing prenatal yoga. Sounds a little crazy, but it really helps me gain more energy. I have also tried taking Kaia on a long walk almost everyday. I am going to try really hard to stay in shape throughout this pregnancy not only for the baby's health, but for my health as well. Eating for two might sounds great right now, but once I have the baby and want to get the weight off, I know I'll regret my poor eating habits!
Q: Will I find out if Baby G is a boy or girl?
A: YES!!! I am a planner and I need for Baby G's room to be girly or boyish (are those words?). None of this gender neutral stuff for this girl! Although I do think it would be a crazy surprise, I just really need to know in advanced! We're planning a gender reveal (or sex party as Duane refers to it) so that we can share the baby's gender with our closest friends and family. We will hopefully find out what Baby G is at the end of October. Believe it or not, I am really pulling for a boy. I would be completely fine with a girl but for some reason I want a baby boy. My poor dad had to live in a house full of girls so I would love for him to have a grandson to teach manly things to. I know that Duane will be happy with either gender, but I can tell her really wants a boy. Besides those reasons, I don't really know why I want a boy. I guess I am just a little bit intrigued by boys since I have only known growing up with girls. I guess we'll find out in a couple of months!
Q: Are you at all nervous?
A: Oh yes! I feel so old and so young all at the same time. I feel old because being a mom sounds like something a grown up does. I feel young because I feel like I am totally unprepared to be a momma! I can't wait for this baby to get here but at the same time, I feel like I have SO MUCH to learn. I have been reading lots of pregnancy books and talking to lots of moms. This has helped my confidence a little bit, but man, I'm nervous. Aside from these nerves, I'm really excited. I always heard pregnant moms say that they felt an instant connection with their baby when they found out they were pregnant. After experiencing this, that is so true. I feel so much love for this little person that is growing inside of me that it's almost overwhelming. The first time we heard Baby G's heartbeat and saw he or she, it was by far one of the coolest moments in my life. I am tearing up right now just thinking about it.
We pray for this baby so many times throughout the day. We pray for health for Baby G and myself. We pray that God forms this baby just the way he wants (and we know he will). We pray for ourselves as parents and ask God to help us raise a child that loves Jesus. We pray for this little person SO MUCH!
I'm sure that was way too much information for you, but It felt good typing it all out. This blog is kind of therapeutic to me, and that was definitely therapy! Thanks for listening.
If you think of it, say a prayer for Baby G (and his or her momma and dad!).
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born, I consecrated you…” – Jeremiah 1:5
Photobucket
Baby G's first picture! I promise he or she is not a baby monkey! :)
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting from Carrie's blog :)
    CONGRATS!!!
    That is so weird about the due date being 3-19! I love cool things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited to see your comment on my blog and then it was great to click on your blog and find out your awesome news!!! congrats! being a mommy is the greatest gift in the world. i can't wait to follow your pregnancy via blogger!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a cute post! Love Baby G's first picture, too! Will be praying for all of you.

    Hugs,
    Janet and gang

    ReplyDelete