Sunday, April 1, 2012

just the two of us

This weekend Duane's best friend got married.  The wedding was in Ohio, so Duane and I decided to make a weekend out of it.  I finally got up the courage to leave Kason over night for the first time.  This is a big deal people!  Even bigger, it wasn't only one night..it was TWO!  I was very  proud of myself.  I only teared up once and that was at the reception when I put green beans on my plate at dinner.  Green beans are Kason's favorite...why that made me tear up, who knows!  I'm an emotional wreck, in case you didn't know. :)

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL.  Duane was one of 3 best men and the whole weekend was just perfect.  The reception was at a beautiful venue and the food was some of the best I've had at a reception.  We danced our hearts out and enjoyed a night being baby free!  It was a weird feeling not having a baby on my hip and diaper bag on my shoulder, but it was so nice and much needed.  Spending one-on-one time is so important for our marriage, and I'm glad we were able to reconnect this weekend.

  We are so happy for Becca and Isaiah.  They are great friends and a big part of our life and it was so exciting to be a part of their wedding. We wish them only the best and can't wait to spend time with them as a MARRIED couple!  Here are some pictures from the weekend...

Photobucket
Photobucket
{officially Mr. and Mrs. Kottke!}
Photobucket
Photobucket
{Told you, beautiful!}
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
{Super cute favors.  There were coffee beans inside!}
Photobucket
{Martini mashed potatoes..so cute!}
Photobucket
{Best men speech}
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
{These boys are so weird! :)}
Photobucket
{Friends for a long time!}
Photobucket
{The California boys joined in!}
Photobucket
Photobucket
{We're pointing to her stomach because she's 13 weeks pregnant!  Yay for babies! :)}

It's weird to think about, but aside from my sisters, Isaiah and Becca we the last of our close friends to get married.  A few years ago we were at a wedding every other weekend.  Now, it seems like we're always heading to the hospital to visit of friends that are having babies!  Such a fun and blessed time in our lives.

It was a fabulous weekend!  It was good to be with my husband, but I was SO glad to see my sweet baby today! :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww..Lauren is pregnant! How exciting!

    Looks like a super fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete