Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My boy's hair

Oh, the hair on my baby's head.  It's changed SO much since he was born.  I remember the first glimpse I got of Kason's head (I won't give any gory details) all I could see was hair.  Lots of dark hair.  I couldn't believe it.  All throughout my pregnancy I told people I knew he'd be bald, because I was bald until I was about 3.  Therefore I couldn't believe it when the nurses said "Look, he has lots of dark hair!"  I was so excited that he would have some hair on his head.  Sure enough, that tiny infant had lots of dark hair.
Photobucket
He kept that dark hair for his first couple months of life.
Photobucket
Then, as the months went on it got lighter...
Photobucket
and lighter...
Photobucket
and lighter...
Photobucket
And then, almost over night, it went from being blond and straight to blond and curly. 
Photobucket
 This boy has tons of curls in the back of his head! 
Photobucket
 The front and top are still straight, but the back is all curls.  
Photobucket
People have been asking over and over again, "when is he getting his first haircut??"  I don't know if they are trying to hint at something or what, but I'm having a hard time bringing myself to cut it!  I'm worried that if I cut it, the curls will be gone.  That would make me one sad mama.  On the other hand, it kind of looks like a mullet, which isn't really the look I'm going for.
Photobucket
So there you have it, my dilemma.  To cut the hair, or not to cut the hair.  
Photobucket
 Mamas out there..when was your boy's first haircut?!

3 comments:

  1. I love his hair! I would'nt cut it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont cut it!!! And where oh where did you get his boat shoes!? I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got them at Journey kids! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete