Saturday, March 17, 2012

Red wagon party

Today we celebrated a year with our boy!  I won't lie, this first birthday party has had me a stressed out mess.  I know Kason won't remember it, but this little boy means the world to me and I wanted his first birthday party to be special.  Between working full time and trying to start up a photography business, I feel like I haven't had time to breath.  Add a party that I was so excited to piece together to the mix, and I've gotten close to no sleep lately!  I am SO pleased with how the party turned out.  I googled and looked on pinterest for first birthday ideas.  I found lots of cute ones, but kept coming back to a red wagon theme.  Although it was mainly a "red" theme with some wagons thrown in here and there, I loved every detail of it.  My family helped me so much with this party.  I am so thankful for them!

Kason had a blast at the party!!  He had a balloon attached to his arm for the entire party and he was a happy kid!  He walked around entertaining everyone for house.  He was pretty timid with the cake smash at first, I think due to the fact that all eyes (and cameras) were on him.  Once he got a few tastes, he was all about it!  We decided against presents, due to the fact that we have SO many toys that we just don't need anymore.  After visiting my student in Riley Children's Hospital, I became very aware of the needs of the families there.  On Kason's invitation I asked for people to bring a small gift to be donated to the hospital as opposed to gifts for Kason.  Everyone brought SO much stuff..I can't wait to take the donation!  Of course some family brought Kason some gifts..so he didn't miss out on any gift opening!

I am so glad that we had so many friends and family come to celebrate our boy with us.  What a fun day!  I know a certain little boy is currently zonked out after his big day!  :)

I am sorry in advanced for the picture overload that is about to take place.  I will add details at the bottom, under the pictures in case you are interested!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

-- All of the burlap items were made by my wonderful grandma.  She rocks with a sewing machine!
-- Pinwheels I made out of double sided scrapbook paper with a tutorial here.
-- The wreath was made from burlap, I found the idea somewhere on pinterest.
-- Photo displays: I got $4 window frames at an antique store and Duane stapled chicken wire to the back.  I though they turned out great!
-- Kason's wagon shirt was from esty, find it here.
-- Adorable bib made by Bobaloo.  She has done 2 custom orders for me and I LOVE her stuff!
-- Red wagon balloons found here.

A special thanks to our friend, Todd, for taking some of the pictures so I could be the mama instead of the photographer!

I'll leave you with this sweet picture of my boy and his balloons!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. looks like a fun and very special day for kason!! he will love the pictures some day, even if he doesn't remember it :) i love your support of the children's hospital- we always do a special charity gift for non-family members since my girls are spoiled rotten by the fam and it is a way to teach them to be giving. love his party pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I'm from Indy and have a 9 month old son. Random question: where did you host your son's party? We are trying to figure out where to have Everett's (our son) and can't think of anywhere good aside from parks which may be too hot in July. Thanks! Crystal

    ReplyDelete