Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy birthday kason {one year}

Today my sweet baby boy is one. 

 A year ago today I was sitting in a hospital room, anxious with anticipation like I had never felt before.  In a matter of hours I would meet my son.  I would meet the tiny baby that had been moving around inside of me for 9 months.  My memory is not great anymore, and although I often can't remember where I put my keys, I remember that day like it was yesterday.  I remember being nervous sand excited, but most of all happy.  There was so much that was unknown, but the one thing I knew is that on March 16, 2011, I would meet my baby.  At 4:54, we welcomed our sweet, sweet boy into the world.  That moment forever changed my life.  I became a mom.  I became Kason's mom.  A title that I have come to love above all other titles.  

Although I feel like this year has flown by, it's also hard to remember Kason not being a part of our family. Over the past year I have been lucky enough to watch my sweet boy grow.  I have tried to savor every moment of the last 365 days.  I have loved every stage that he's gone through.  I loved rocking and nursing my sweet newborn.  I loved seeing Kason's eyes light up and grin from ear to ear for the first time.  I loved laying on the playmat and watching him absorb the world around him.  I loved watching him learn to sit up.  I loved watching him try solids for the first time.  I loved watching him work so hard to crawl only to turn around 2 months later and walk.  But most of all, I have loved watching his personality emerge.  

Although I sit here crying tears of disbelief that my baby is one, I also cry tears of joy for the little boy he is becoming.  He is SO curious and SO dramatic.  He is one of the happiest one years olds I've ever been around and I love watching him find joy in the smallest things.  He enjoys the simple things in life, which is something I hope he holds on to as he grows.  I don't want time to go any faster than it already is, but I can't wait to continue to watch my little boy grow.

I am so thankful to God for entrusting me to care for this sweet, beautiful baby boy.  He has blessed Duane and I more than words can express.

Here's my boy over the past 12 months!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment