Thursday, July 19, 2012

Random Thursday

Here are some thoughts swirling around in my head..just in case you need a little randomness in you're life. :)

...I've been working on a "30 before 30" list for the past few weeks.  I'll be 30 in 4.5 years so I thought it'd be fun to make a little bucket list.  It's been hard coming up with things that I really want to accomplish but keep it realistic.  Can't wait to share!

...Sometimes I get nervous that every time I call the pediatrician the nurse on the other end thinks "Oh, it's Kason's crazy mom again."  I'm quite certain I may be crazy so I'm ok with others thinking that.  Today I called the doctor because I was legitimately concerned that Kason had a noticeably swollen lymph node on his neck.  I knew he was congested and that was probably the cause, but I just needed that peace of mind.  They asked me to bring him in so of course my mind goes to worse case scenario.  Turns out, everything is fine.  Hopefully it goes down soon!

...I wonder what I did before Google.  I can tell you one thing, I diagnosed myself with far fewer diseases.  

...I got a bag of goodies from Bobaloo! today.  I am so excited to be doing a product shoot for their fall/winter catalogue and website and the stuff is SO cute!  Kason officially has his first modeling gig and I'm sure it will only take me 2,234 photos to get him to actually look at the camera.

...I think I have an obsession with school supplies.  For the first time in several years, I haven't bought any and it's kind of sad.  Every time I see a good deal on crayons I get the urge to throw 25 boxes into my cart.  Duane would kill me if I came home with 25 boxes of crayons and no students to give them too.  I may just have to buy some to donate.  I'm weird, I know.

...I've been making a menu board and am loving the way it is turning out!  As soon as I finish it, I will blog about it!

...After about 2 months of no rain it has rained the past two nights!  I have never been so happy to see rain.

...At the doctor today they weird my little peanut and he finally broke 20 pounds!  It took him 16 months, but he made it!

...I officially have "house fever".  You know, kind of like baby fever only with a house.  I love our house, but it is feeling very cramped with only two bedrooms.  I'm ready to be able to host get togethers and have Kason's friends all over for a play date.  I love looking but sometimes it makes me wonder if I want to live in Indiana for the rest of my life.  Maybe I should look for houses out of state?  Who knows!

...We've been to our county's fair twice now.  Kason looooved the animals and was fearlessly sticking him fingers into all of the pins.  Duane usually hates going but I drag him along.  I couldn't believe it when we were leaving the fair last night and he said he actually liked walking around.  I think Kason's excitment makes it all the better.  And the elephant ears.

...I ordered 8 of our vacation photos and they came a week ago.  I still am trying to figure out where to hang them.  Maybe I'll quite being so indecisive and get them hung up just in time to go on our next vacation.

...I can't wait for the olympics to start.  Watching gymnastics during the summer olympics is my favorite thing ever.  I am pretty upset Shawn Johnson decided to retire, but I'll get over it.

...Speaking of TV, we just finished season 3 of Parenthood.  Seriously the best show out there.  If you haven't watched, it's on Netflix and I'd highly recommend it.  Duane even loves it!

...Thanks for all of the responses on my confessions post.  I'm so thankful for other mommas out there that help me along the way. :)

I think that's all I have for tonight!  Thanks for letting me put all of my scattered thoughts to words! :)

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about doing this too!! I might have to follow in your footsteps with this one :)

    ReplyDelete