Tuesday, June 4, 2013

34 weeks {baby g #2}

 photo 34Weeks_1S_zps4fbefdfe.jpg
Yesterday I made it to 34 weeks with our baby girl.  It seems like SO much has happened in the past two weeks, and I am so, so thankful that she is still growing inside of me.  When I was in the hospital having an IV to stop contractions and getting steroid injections, I just prayed that I would make it to 34 weeks.  Now that I made it another week and a half, my new goal is 36 weeks.  I know that she will come when she is ready, and that God will take care of her no matter what, but I would love if she would just keep growing inside of me for a couple more weeks.   

Pregnancy Updates:

Baby G's size: Baby girl is about 18 inches long and weighs about 4.75 pounds (size of an average cantaloupe), according to Baby Center.  My guess is she won't get too much longer, and will gain a couple more pounds..if we make it full term!

My size: Once again, I didn't gain any weight.  I've been hovering between 123 and 124 lbs. for the past 6 weeks.  I am a little concerned, and so is my doctor.  I've only gained 9 pounds this entire pregnancy.  That's not normal!!  Between the constant liquids I had via IV in the hospital, and the magnesium making me have to pee, I litterally peed every 20 minuts for 3 days.  Not fun.  My nurse thought I would lose a lot of weight due my body riding all of the liquid it was taking in.  However, I have been laying around A LOT, so I wondered if I'd gain since I haven't been able to go on walks or anything like that.  I feel huge, and I think I'm about the size I was at 38 weeks with Kason.  I am having an ultrasound done next week to check to make sure her weight is ok.  I had one a month ago, and she was big, so I assume everything is ok.  Praying it is. :)

Movement: Sister is a MOVER.  When they gave me magnesium to stop contractions, they told me not to panic is her heart rate slows down, and she becomes less active.  Since the mag was meant to relax my muscles, it would relax her's as well.  Except for, it didn't do that at all.  Apparently I make them active, because she is going to be non stop like her brother.  The nurse couldn't believe how active she still was and kept having to come adjust my monitors to keep track of her heart rate.  Crazy girl!  She is SO LOW right now, so all of the movement I feel is low.

Most exciting thing: Just making it to 34 weeks was such an exciting thing.  I know it sounds weird, but keeping a baby inside of me has become difficult this time around.  34 weeks makes me feel accomplished. :)

Most annoying thing: I'm going to be honest here.  The past two weeks have been ROUGH.  Between the magnesium, steroid shot, and constant contractions, I am 100% uncomfortable.  I'm on bed rest, which is so hard with a 2 year old, so I know I do more than I should.  I literally can't stand for more than 10 minutes without getting contractions and horrible pains in my stomach and back.  My body is exhausted from contracting so much.  BUT, it is all worth it.  I'm uncomfortable, but she is better off inside of me for now.

Cravings:  I honestly haven't craved much lately.  I guess I crave salads occasionally, but nothing other than that.

Sickness: Haven't felt nauseous lately, but my reflux is bad.  I even get it from drinking water.  WATER people!


Next appointment: I went to the doctor this morning and was checked for any progress.  Thankfully, I haven't progressed much since going to the hospital.  This was an answered prayer!  They want me to come back next week to get checked again, and to have an ultrasound.  Since I went into labor early, I go to the doctor weekly now to ensure that everything is going smoothly.

 photo 34Weeks_2S_zps85321c57.jpg
To be honest, I didn't even want to post this comparison.  I feel like I look huge this time around, and my 34 week photos with Kason was my favorite.  Oh well, it's for the sake of memories..right?  And also, I've never mentioned it, but I take these photos right before church every week.  That's why I "look" put together.  I've worn sweats everyday since I've been home from the hospital, until today. :)
 photo 34weeksComparissonS_zps9d5f2822.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment