Tuesday, July 2, 2013

38 weeks {baby g #2}

 photo 38Weeks_1S_zpsc01a6479.jpg
Yay for making it to 38 weeks!  I would be lying if I said I wasn't getting anxious, but I know she will come when she wants to come.  I think the hardest part of the end of this pregnancy is waiting.  The fact that I went into labor at 32 weeks and prepared myself (but hoped I wouldn't) to meet her early, has me so anxious to snuggle her.  That, mixed with people asking me 50 times a day if there's any update, have me excited and NOT waiting patiently.  That being said, I know how much brain development takes place between week 37 and 39, so I am glad I've made it another week.  Now my only concern is birthing a large baby.

Pregnancy Updates:

Baby G's size: Baby girl is about 19.5 inches long and weighs about 6.8 pounds according to Baby Center.  I think our girl is bigger, based on past ultrasounds, but I'm hoping those were off.  I don't think I can deliver a 9 pound baby!

My size: Apparently, I waited to put on lots of weight until the end of this pregnancy!  I gained another 2 pounds in a week, putting me at 130 pounds.  That means I've gained a total of 16 pounds.  That's still 4 less than with Kason, but at 130, I'm the heaviest I've ever been and feeling it!  Here's to hoping this baby girl comes soon!

Movement: Movement is 100% uncomfortable at this point.  I feel bad for her, since I don't give her much room to move around, but OUCH.  Each little movement really hurts.

Most exciting thing: Just making it another week.  The anticipation of seeing her sweet face has me so excited. :)

Most annoying thing: All around discomfort.  I'll leave it at that.

Cravings:  None.  

Sickness: Still feeling nauseous.

Next appointment: I went to the doctor today, and will go back again in a week.  Every week my OB says, "See you next week, if you're still pregnant!" and every week, I waddle back into that office.  I'm sure it'll be the same this week.  I'm still holding strong to my desire to go into labor naturally.  I don't want anything to do with being induced or pitocin, so I'm praying she comes on her own.  I had my my membranes stripped today, so I'm praying labor is in the next 48 hours.  We shall see!
 photo 38Weeks_2S_zps7c693a65.jpg

 photo 38WeekComparisonS_zps3dd1e427.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment