Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feelin' the Love

This post is going to be a little sentimental..just a warning! :)

I want to start off by saying congratulations to my wonderful friend Stefanie!! She and I had lunch today and she told me that she got engaged last Friday! I am so excited for her! It meant so much to me that she wanted to tell me in person rather than text me or let me see it on facebook. Stef and I have been friends since high school and although we aren't always the best at keeping in touch, I love her dearly and and so excited for her! Congrats Stef..let the wedding planning begin! :)

Stef and I at my wedding

As I sat in my classroom today I got to thinking about what a blessing friends are. Of course I don't just sit at my desk and day dream all day, but after lunch with Stef it made me think. So as my students were getting their sex ed. talk, (which is a whole other post in itself) I had a little extra time (ha, like there's even such thing as a teacher) to think.

I don't want this to sound cliche at all, but I really do have the best friends a girl could ask for. I have sisters that have become my best friends over the years. I have friends that I've had since preschool that I consider sisters. I have friends that I went to high school with that I still consider great friends (even if they live far away and we rarely get the time to see each other). I have friends that I met in college that I probably wouldn't have survived college without. I have friends that I've come to know through Duane, all of which I am very thankful for. And of course I have my husband, who makes a pretty great best friend if I do say so myself. :)

I don't think I could ever thank all of my friends enough. They have helped me through the hard times, the good times, the sad times, the happy times..they have been there through it all. Some of them I wish I could see and talk to more often but I am thankful for them none the less. I know that God put these people in my life for a special reason and I am so glad he did!

So friends...this blog post is for you! I love you all!

I could NEVER write a post without pictures. Here are a few pictures of some of my awesome friends..

My lovely sisters

At our rehearsal dinner with Chelsea and Anthony..Duane I would both agree that we desperately want to live closer to these two!

Lauren, Carrie, and I with the chaos that is our dogs. I LOVE this picture!

My CCT friends!

Us with Isaiah at the Liles' wedding rehearsal

Some of my longest friends

My parents, also great friends!

Us with Todd and Carrie on spring break in 2007. I am LONGING for a tan so this picture makes me sad!

Duane and I on our honeymoon in Barbados. Man, I want to be there NOW!

3 comments:

  1. nice! i feel special for makin' the blog, and you should not doubt that the desperation is reciprocated. i don't think there are any other friends we'd rather be near and around than y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, we LOVE the Gibbs! Thanks for the shout out. We too consider you two some of our dearest friends even though we don't see you near near as often as we would like to. Love the blog too!!! Yet one more thing to keep me distracted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too Kelly! I was just looking at pictures from a while ago and I saw a picture of us 4 from a John Mayer concert and I remembered that it was the first time that we really got to hang out and get to know each other. I am thankful for Todd and Duane's friendship because it brought us together as friends! You are a blessing in my life too...in fact I love that our friendship feels so much like family.

    Love ya girl! :)

    ReplyDelete