Thursday, February 18, 2010

Up to no good!


Don't let that cute face fool you..this puppy has been up to NO good!

First, I need to preface this post by saying that normally Kaia is a really good dog (not that I really know what to expect considering she is my first dog, but that's beside the point). She is by no means perfect and she is still 100% puppy, but on the whole she is a good dog. She was potty trained in 2 weeks and never has accidents unless she is really excited or scared (of Duane because when I discipline her it's like she is laughing in my face). She is pretty relaxed and loves to just lay on the floor and chill. However, this "good dog" image is only complete if she goes on a daily walk. Without the walk she becomes a different dog, a dog that could give the famous Marly a run for his money. Due to all the snow and freezing temperatures, Kaia has been sadly neglected of her walks. And because of this, she has become a different dog. A dog that I'd rather never see again.

It all started on Tuesday morning when I found Kaia on our bed with a bottle of Vicks Vapor Rub (Duane and I have both been sick). She had chewed the cap off and was eating the Vicks. I was under the impression German Shepherds were supposed to be smart, but I guess not this one. That same day when I was going outside she ran out the door with me. Keep in mind we don't have a fenced in yard (until spring) and when Kaia gets out it is almost impossible to catch her. It took me a good 15 minutes to get her in and she was nearly hit by a car. Wonderful! If that wasn't bad enough, not a half an hour later I walked into the living room only to find Kaia with my iPhone in her mouth! Luckily I caught her in time and she only managed to put holes in my screen protector. I guess I won't be leaving my phone in "Kaia reach" anymore!

I was hoping she would have a better day yesterday, but I was wrong. Last night while Duane and I were asleep on the couch Kaia decided it would be a fabulous idea to get out honeymoon album off the coffee table and chew it up. Our ONE souvenir from Barbados and she chewed it up. Ugh! To top it all off, she managed to weasel her way out the door when I was leaving for school this morning. It took Duane and I chasing her around the yard (in our nice clothes) for 10 minutes before she was back in the house (in her crate to be exact).

So that is what Kaia has been up to lately. I know what you are thinking...this dog is in desperate need of some obedience school! That's why I prefaced this post by saying that she is a pretty good dog, as long as she has her walks. Luckily it got up to a stifling 31 degrees today so Duane and I bared the cold and took Kaia on a nice, long walk.

As I write this post Kaia is laying right next to me looking about as innocent as a puppy can look. She is lucky she's cute, or I'm not sure she'd still be alive!


I know this picture is random, but I though it was pretty. I hate the snow and wish it would go away, but it sure does make for some pretty pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment