Saturday, February 27, 2010

Random Saturday

This is going to be a kind of random post. I have a few things to talk about..and can't decide which one to do a post about..so I'll just throw them all into one!

1st...
Duane and I were talking about Kaia's size last night. Everyone that comes over or sees a picture of her always comments on how huge she is. I guess we just don't really see her "hugeness". We both consider dogs that are 100+ pounds big dogs. Kaia weighs somewhere between 75 and 80 pounds..so that's not huge..is it?! I guess if she continues to grow I might consider her huge. What does this have to do with anything you ask?! Nothing..told you this was a random post.

Here are a couple pictures of my cute puppy..

See..not so huge!

Ok..in this picture I will admit she looks HUGE!

2nd...
I went to a baby shower today for a teacher I teach with. She is due in April and it was fun to celebrate with her today. I have been so blessed with the people I teach with. They have been SO helpful and I couldn't have gotten this far without them. As a first year teacher, I have been so thankful to be teaching with such wonderful people!

Here are a couple of pictures from the shower..

DCMS sixth grade teachers at the shower

My teammate and I. She has been a lifesaver over the past few months!

Stephanie and I..both first year teachers!

3rd...
I just wanted to say that I am really sick of the cold weather! Most people are well aware that I have never been a fan of winter..but for some reason this winter has almost been unbearable. Perhaps it is because I now have a dog that I have to walk in frigid temperatures. Or maybe it's because I have a class of 12 year olds that are dying to go outside for recess and can't because it is just too cold. Or it could be the fact that for the first time in a lot of years I am not going anywhere on spring break. This just means I have to wait even LONGER for warm weather. So all of these things combined make me sad. On the bright side I did just order a swimsuit and Duane told me the other day that he is ready to start going tanning because he is tired of looking so pale..wahoo!! My teammate at school changed our uppercase living sign from winter to spring, and I am in the process of taking down anything snow related in my house. Surely this will encourage spring to get here just a little sooner?!

Here are a couple of nice warm picture in case you too are sick of the cold and gray...

Duane and I in Barbados..I'm longing to be there!

BEAUTIFUL!

Well I'm off to look at real-estate in a warmer climate! Happy Saturday!!

1 comment:

  1. This post cracked me up ~ so random, you weren't kidding! I love looking at real-estate in different states!! I'm planning on looking at homes in texas today :) p.s. kaia is huge. period. :)

    ReplyDelete