Friday, June 25, 2010

Destination Relaxation

Last weekend Duane and I went to South Haven, Michigan to celebrate our one year anniversary. We debated on a location for a couple of month and finally decided that heading up to Lake Michigan would be perfect. We simply needed a weekend to lay in the sun and relax. It seems like our lives are non stop lately, so a mini vacation was in desperate need. It was only a three and a half hour drive, so we didn't waste a lot of time in the car.

I had never been to South Haven before so I wasn't really sure what to expect. I have lots of great childhood memories from Warren Dunes in Michigan, but that's really the only place in Michigan I have been. South Haven was beautiful! The lake was gorgeous (and oil free I might add) and I felt like I was laying on a beautiful, tropical beach. It was great!

We didn't do a whole lot on the trip. We laid on the beach, road our bikes around town, and did some shopping. We stayed at a really pretty bed and breakfast and it was a great experience! The trip was very relaxing and gave us a chance to spend some one-on-one time together, which was so nice. The weekend ended too soon of course, but I would definitely go back to South Haven in the future!

Here are some pictures from the weekend...

The Bed and Breakfast we stayed at.





The pretty beach!


Such a cute town!



I made Duane put this bag on the back of his bike so I could take my camera. He was super embarrassed because he thought it knocked his cool factor down a few notches!


No comments:

Post a Comment