Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Year Ago Today


A year ago today I married my best friend. I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that this year has flown by. Yesterday I was thinking about all of the things that have taken place since June 14 of last year. We got married in June, got our sweet puppy in July, I began my final semester of student teaching in August, started teaching in November, Duane got a new job and started in December, I graduated in December, and then got a new job just last month. Wow - no wonder the past year has flown by!

I promise I won't bore you with a long mushy blog post but I do want to say how happy I am that God blessed me with such an incredible guy. The past year has been so much fun and Duane and I have grown so much together. I can distinctly remember Duane's mom telling me that no matter what happens, Duane and I will have a "fun" marriage because he is such a "fun" person to be around. That sounds silly, but it has become so real to me the past year. I have enjoyed spending lots of time with my husband and growing closer to him. I have learned more about sports than any girl needs to know and I'm sure Duane would say the same thing about shopping. It's been a great year and I'm so excited to see what the next year brings. I know marriage and life won't always be easy, but I know that I will always have my best friend and God by my side and that brings me a lot of comfort.

Happy anniversary Duane! I love you so much! :)









(All photos courtesy of J. Scott Photography - He's awesome!)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary - sweet post!

    BTW - Philip is having a blast being in your group at VBS!

    :)

    ReplyDelete