Sunday, August 1, 2010

Edisto Island, SC


It seems like blogging has taken a backseat to everything else that's been going on in our life. Things have been nothing short of crazy around here (more on that later). I have been busy with school and my classroom is officially ready (or as ready as it will be) for my students to walk through the door tomorrow. I am very nervous (much more than I thought I'd be) about what this year will bring. I am anticipating many challenges, but I am also so excited to experience teaching in a new environment and the rewarding experiences that come along with that. I think people often underestimate the amount of work teachers do. I have heard so many times, "How hard can teaching be? If you went to elementary school you should be able to teach it." It is a lot more than teaching the abc's and coloring. Teaching is SO much work but I am a firm believer that every second of my time and effort is worth it if it helps impact the lives of kids. Ok, enough with the teacher talk. I've going to finally blog about our vacation!

A couple of weeks ago we headed to Edisto Beach, South Carolina for a family vacation with Duane's family. It was a great vacation full of sun (it was so hot!) and relaxation. We had the chance to visit Charleston (one of my favorite places) and Savannah, Georgia. The rest of our time was spent laying at the beach, bike riding, and spending time with family and the house we rented.

I took lots of pictures throughout the week. I won't bore you with them all, but here are some of my favorites from the week!


An old plantation house in Charelston. It was built in the 1700s and was so cool!


So many pretty flower boxes in Charleston!

Love the houses there!
A pretty fountain in Savannah


Duane and Haylea at the park
Haylea's cute footprints!


The beach!
Duane and I..excuse the tomato face and sweat!
Another pretty house
The house we stayed in on Edisto Island

I have lots more pictures that I will share later! :)

1 comment:

  1. With your cars in the garage and the bikes out, it looks like you live there...so I say...BUY IT and we will visit often! :)

    ReplyDelete