Monday, September 12, 2011

Destination organization

Going back to work has been a challenge.  I often feel like I'm drowning in a sea of paper to grade, chores to do, dinner to cook, and phone calls to make.  All of this on top of doing the one thing I really want to do, loving on my baby boy.  It's been overwhelming and has brought me to tears on more than one occasion.  I feel like there just aren't enough hour in the day.  As fall arrives so does a busy school schedule for me along with lots of personal commitments that I need to uphold.  We're a busy little family, and this mom brain is having trouble remembering all of he things that are going on.  So this weekend, I decided that if I'm going to survive this working mom thing, I need to get it together.  I need to organize my life, so that I no longer feel as overwhelmed. 

 So here is what my plan is:

I read on a few blogs about creating a family binder.  Within that binder are the following items: weekly meal plan, monthly calendar, weekly chore log, grocery list, to do list and a birthday calendar.  These are all things that I think will help me become more organized, so I decided to get a binder, and make my own!  Here's what it looks like:

Photobucket
{All of my materials ready to go!  My OCD self had to buy new colorful pens for my binder!}
Photobucket
{All put together!  Please excuse the horrible quality of these photos.  The lighting was not great!}
Photobucket
{Monthly calendar}
Photobucket
{Weekly dinner schedule..already wrong for this week! :)}
Photobucket
{Weekly chore list.  This is really going to help me with keeping the house clean!}
Photobucket
{Grocery list}
Photobucket
{To do list}
Photobucket
{Birthday list.  I'm horrible about remembering birthday and cards.  I'm hopeful that this will help my memory!}


I still have two tabs and I'm trying to decide what to put in them.  One will probably be Kason's schedule of where he goes throughout the week (with my mom or sister).  The other tab is still up in the air!
  
Where did I find all of these awesome templates?!  I found the majority of them right here!  I also posted the links under the pictures to make it easy for you to find.

Here's to trying to be organized! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment