Sunday, September 25, 2011

Kason is 6 months!

Photobucket
Last Friday, Kason turned 6 months!  That's half way to a year!  I can hardly believe it.  Sometimes I look at him and can't believe how much he is growing and changing on a daily basis.  It's so fun to watch, but I'm also feeling a little sad that he's not a tiny newborn anymore.  It's definitely a bitter sweet feeling, but I can't wait to continue to watch him grow!

Here are Kason's current stats:

Weight: 14 lbs. 5 oz. (5th percentile)
Height: 24 inches (3rd percentile)
Head size: 17 inches (25th percentile) 
He's still so small, but the doctor wasn't concerned.  Small mom + small dad = small baby.  

I'm going to take a break from the "Kason loves" and "Kason does not love" stuff for this month.  I'm just going to share what Kason is up to!

At 6 months Kason is...

...Moving all over the place!  He is not officially crawling yet, but he's finding ways to get where he wants to go (not that I really think he knows where he wants to go..ha!) using other modes of transportation.  He usually rolls and scoots all the way across the room in a matter of minutes.  Gone are the days of setting him down for a half an hour!  You set him down..he's gone!

...Eating lots of baby food!  We've tried peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, apples, bananas, avacoados, pears and squash.  So far, squash and sweet peas are his favorite veggies.  He is NOT a fan of green beans and sweet potatoes give him tummy aches.  He loves bananas and apples!  We haven't found a fruit he doesn't like.  He's also had some ice cream recently.  The doctor told us that since his weight is low, feed him a little ice cream anytime we have it so that he gets a few extra calories.  No complaining on Kason's end! :)

...Growing (slowly but surley)!  Kason is close to growing our of size 2 diapers.  Most of his pants are 0-3 months but shirts are 3-6 months.  His pj's are the only thing that match his age...6-9 months.  It's hard to know what size to buy for the fall/winter with this little guy!

...Still drinking only breast milk.  To be honest, I'm surprised I've lasted this long.  Pumping really wares on me and I've thought about weening him multiple times.  However, I love that no matter how busy I get, I still have those few precious minutes, just Kason and I.  I'll keep at it until I know he is ready to stop.  Or he turns 1...whichever comes first! :)

...Spitting!  Kason recently learned how to spit and he LOVES it!  It's pretty cute and funny.  I'm sure when he's 3 I won't think him spitting peas at dinner is too cute, but I'll enjoy it right now!!

Here he is at 6 months!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And a comparison...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Well, that's what Kason is up to!  We recently had his 6th month photos taken and I can't wait to share them!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, he is so precious. What a cute baby you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness he's so tiny and cute. I hope my babies are tiny someday too!

    ReplyDelete