Friday, October 14, 2011

Mornings with kason

Photobucket
Mornings with Kason are my most favorite time of day.  This is the time when he is the happiest.  He has had a good nights rest (most nights) and is ready to go.   It is when he is most interactive and smiley.  Love. It.
Photobucket
Before I went back to work, Kason and I would snuggle in bed for an hour or so in the morning.  We would then slowly emerge into the living room where we would spend time "talking" and playing on the play-mat.  Back then the smiles were fewer and further between, so they were more often in the morning.  That's why mornings became my favorite time.
Photobucket
When I thought about going back to work I remember tearing up thinking of leaving Kason.  The things I knew I would miss most were mornings with Kason, afternoons with Kason, Ellen, and Sonic Happy Hour.  Ok, the last 2 were just a joke..sort of! :)  Anyways, one of the hardest parts about leaving was knowing that I would miss our mornings together.  I leave for school before Kason is awake, so I rarely get any time with him in the mornings.  This broke my heart.  I started living for those Saturday and Sunday mornings with my boy.  I started to ache for fall break to be here.
Photobucket
Well it's finally October which means 2 weeks of fall break!  I have LOVED my morning time with Kason.  So much so, that it is going to be very hard to give it up again in a week.  Our mornings look a little different now.  We can't lay in bed and snuggle so much anymore (unless Kason's snoozing) because the boy likes to roll and crawl all around.  The bed just isn't the best place for rollin' and crawlin'.  So, now we get to come out into the living room a little earlier.  We get to play and laugh together.  I get to watch Kason practice new skills and learn new things.  It's the best time ever.
Photobucket
I will cherish these mornings since they are pretty scarce these days.  These times are the ones that I want to engrain in my memory for when Kason is older and not so into spending his mornings with his mama.

Let's hope those days are far away! :)

1 comment:

  1. As another EARLY working mama, I also leave before I see Tula (Ivy is up at the crack of dawn)- it is so hard. It is my favorite time of day too! I am so thankful for the weekends and those lovely breaks. I hope that you and Kason are enjoying every single moment of your two weeks!

    ReplyDelete