Monday, October 24, 2011

That darn dog :)

There have been many times since Kason was born that I have contemplated finding Kaia a new home.  It's not that I don't love her, because I do.  She is a sweet dog that is very well behaved (for the most part).  It just seems like she wants a lot of attention and will do anything to get it.  Between taking care of a baby, teaching 24 sixth graders, cleaning the house, cooking dinner, etc. I just don't feel like I have the time or energy to give Kaia the attention she deserves.
Photobucket
Considering the lack of attention, Kaia has been a great dog since Kason came along.  We decided to get a german shepherd for two reasons and the first being because we read that they were really good with kids.  This is so true.  She is extremely gentle with Kason.  Kason will crawl over to her and grab her hair and she just lays there.  If I did that...I'd lose a hand!  Not Kason, she just sits there and takes it.  They even share toys.....sometimes. :)
Photobucket
The second reason we chose Kaia is because she is supposed to be a protector.  I usually think, "This dog chases her tail..there is no way she will ever protect me"  However, she always proves me wrong. I've never really been in true danger, but there have been a couple of instances where I've gotten scared, and Kaia knows it.  Today I was taking Kaia and Kason on a walk.  We walked passed a house and a dog came charging toward us.  He was barking and growling and it scared me to death!  He was right in front of the stroller but before I could do anything, Kaia darted out in front of the stroller and started going crazy.  Luckily, the owner came out and got the dog.  I would never want Kaia to hurt another dog, but if I felt like that dog was endangering Kason, I'd let her off that leash in a heart beat!  Besides, the other dog was smaller..so I think Kaia could have taken him!  I'm pretty sure she would do anything to protect Kason and I.
Photobucket
Not many people. or in this case dogs, can put up with my lack of patience and still love me unconditionally. I guess we'll keep Kaia around.  After all, Kason would be devastated if we got rid of her.
Photobucket
Especially since he would have no ones toys to steel.  :)
Photobucket
 "A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"  -- Marley and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment