Thursday, October 13, 2011

Phoyography

I have always loved taking pictures.  I have a horrible memory so I think photos have always been important to me as a means to looking into the past.  In middle school and high school I always had a disposable camera at my side.  I mean, I went through hundreds of those things!  I loved photographing all of those fun high school events that you don't want to forget.  Football games, cheer competitions, prom, youth group events, you name it, I had a kodak disposable camera within arms reach!

When I graduated high school my parents got me a digital camera as part of my gift (you know other than paying for college which was a big enough gift in itself).  I fell in love with it!  It was so nice to not have to actually take pictures to be developed.  That camera captured many college events.  It got its fare share of use.  Sometime in college (I don't remember the exact year) Duane bought me a new, smaller digital camera.  Once again, love!  It captured mine and Duane's first few years together.  With that little read camera I took pictures of my engagement party, pictures of my wedding day festivities, and pictures of our first sweet puppy, Kaia.

In January of 2010 I purchased my first SLR camera.  Talk about love!  I became obsessed!  I had a friend that had the same camera and I always admired the quality of photos he was able to capture.  I knew that when I had kids, I wanted to have a nice camera so that I could take great pictures of them.  I love natural light photography so I knew studio photos were out of the question when it came to photographing my kids.  I got lots of practice taking pictures of Kaia and my niece.  I thought I'd have a few more years of practice and then surprise, I was pregnant!  

I have loved being able to capture Kason's first months of life with my camera.  I am definitely no professional, but I truly love taking pictures of people, especially kids.  There are so many photographers I admire so I don't even like to refer to myself as a "photographer".  So many people are way more talented than I, but I still love the art the goes along with photography.   Having Kason has really changed my love for photography and made me cherish the precious photos I take of my own son even more.

Life I said, I'm no professional but I have truly enjoyed taking pictures of families and kids from time to time.  Most of them are friends that just want some fun pictures, so I do it just for the fun of it.  I've had fun doing this and learning the ins and outs of photoshop over the past year.  I can't wait to learn more in the future (and hopefully upgrade my camera very soon). 

Over fall break (and a few times before) I have had the opportunity to take some photos of some friends and their families/kids.  I know I'm not the best, and would never claim to be, but I am trying!  I look up to so many photographers and hope one day to be able to capture images the way they do.  To do this, I know I will need lots of practice! :)   Here are some of the pictures. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And one of my new favorites of my sweet boy...
Photobucket

I'm hoping to get a lot more practice in the future, but for now, I am just loving taking pictures and capturing special times in people's lives! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment