Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Random Tuesday {Picture EXLPOSION!}

I have a few random things to blog about today so I thought I'd avoid trying to find the time to type up 5 blog posts, and just scrunch everything into 1 post!  Get ready for lots of randomness..and LOTS of pictures of the cutest 6 day old I've ever seen (I may be slightly biased:)).  If you're already bored with this post..just go ahead and hit the X now..ha! :)

# 1...

I forgot to mention in the birth story about the gift my husband gave me after Kason was born.  He has been torturing me for the last week by telling me he has a gift for me.  He insisted I waited until Kason was born.  I'm glad he made me wait, but man, waiting on a baby AND a present was hard work..ha! :)  After Kason was born I of course completely forgot about the gift.  Duane knew this would happen and probably would have been worred if I would have pushed Kason out and immediately said..."ok, where's my gift?!" He reminded me an hour or so after Kason was born and although I was drugged, I was excited.  He handed me a box that help the camera lens I have been dying for!  It's a fixed macro lens that allows me to take super close pictures.  Sorry, I'm not so much for the technical camera terms.  All I know is that I wanted a lens that would allow me to zoom in on cute little fingers and toes.  Duane was so great throughout the labor process, I feel like he deserves a gift as well!  However, I think the fact that I get up every 2 hours to feed Kason while he sleeps, is a pretty priceless gift..ha!  Anyways..if you are wondering how I got so close in some of the pictures I've posted, it's the lens!  Here is a couple of pictures of a bracelet my mom got me.  I love it and it's even engraved with Kason's name and birthday.  So cool!

Photobucket

Photobucket
{Just wanted to give you an idea of the detail this awesome lens can capture.  LOVE it!}

#2...

Any of you mamas out there have one of these?

Photobucket

It's a sleep sheep and I got it for one of my showers.  I had never heard of them before I was pregnant, but a friend told me they are great for helping babies sleep.  They make soothing sounds like ocean waves, rain, etc.  Kason LOVES it!  Duane loves it even more..ha!  He says when Kason starts sleeping in his room, he is going to have to buy one for our room.  Kason has been having some trouble pooping (sorry if that's TIM) so nighttime has been a rough time for us.  However, as long as he's swaddled (arms and all) and has his sheep on..he's a happy baby!  If you have a new baby or will soon have one..I would recommend this! :)

#3...

We had SO many visitors come to meet Kason at the hospital and then when we got home.  We've loved introducing Kason to all of our friends and family.  He loves his snuggles and we are more than happy to show him  off.  Here are some pictures of some of the MANY visitors!

Photobucket
{My dad with Kason}

Photobucket
{My sister, Jill, with Kason}

Photobucket
{Nicole and Kason}

Photobucket
{The Whittakers with Kason}

Photobucket
{Duane's parents with Kason}

Photobucket
{My sister, Stacey with Kas}

Photobucket
{Grandma (my mom) with Kas}

Photobucket
{Isaiah came to the house to hold Kason for the first time!}

Photobucket
{"Uncle Steve" Ha!}

Photobucket
{"Uncle Todd"}


Photobucket
{Carrie and Kas}

Photobucket
{Lauren looking comfortable holding Kas!}

Photobucket
{Kason meets his cousin, Haylea}


#4...

I guess number four is just a bunch of random pictures!  My camera has definitely been working overtime!  Enjoy!

Photobucket
{How cute is this baby?!}

Photobucket
{Spending some time outside!}

Photobucket
{Kason and his cousin Korbin.  Korbin is 4 months old..I can't believe the size difference!}

Photobucket
{After his first bath!}

Photobucket
{My 6 day old cutie}


Well I think that's all for today.  I have a few more random things I want to blog about, but I'll save them for tomorrow.

Happy Tuesday! :)

1 comment:

  1. your child is beautiful! God bless you and I'm so glad you shared this journey. HOW FAST TIME PASSES!!!??

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete