Monday, March 7, 2011

DIY {Baby G's Shelves}

Ok, so many a better title for this post should be DIY-with the help of a handy dad/grandpa!  I wanted some shelves for Baby G's room.  There isn't a whole lot of storage in our house and even thought these shelves are more decorative then anything else, they still provide space for us to display some cute things!  I found shelves I loved at Land of Nod.  I really liked the way they looked and thought they would go perfectly with Baby G's nursery.  However, they were expensive!  I asked my dad if he would mind making them and he said of course!  He's made me so many things throughout my 24 years of life and I'm so excited to have something he made in our baby boy's nursery.

Here are the shelves from Land of Nod...

Photobucket

And here are the shelves my dad made...

Photobucket

Photobucket
{I promise the shelves are straight, my photography skills are making them look crooked!}

Photobucket

Photobucket

It wasn't until my dad brought over the shelves that I got the idea to make this one into a coat hanger. It worked out perfectly!  We found the hooks at Hobby Lobby and I'm excited to have a little extra storage space since Baby G's closet is getting full!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I LOVE the way they turned out!  Thanks dad/grandpa!  

I promise I'll post pictures of the completed nursery soon!  It is all complete except for the letters to Baby G's name that are going above the crib.  Obviously I can't put those up until our little guy's name is unveiled!  Hopefully that will be soon! :)

1 comment: