Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend wrap up

We had such a fun weekend!  I think weekends are so much different now that we have Kason.  Different in a good way, of course!  I love for Kason to experience new things and family traditions.  It's so fun to see the world through his eyes.  Everything is new and everything is so interesting.  Little things that I take for granted send Kason into a state of awe.  His brain is a sponge and he is soaking in the world around him.  I LOVE this age!

This weekend was our town's fall festival.  There was a carnival on Friday night and then Saturday was the annual parade.  We didn't venture out to the carnival on Friday night, it was pretty chilly, so we just went to see Duane's parents in a booth they were working in.  Here are my boys all bundled up.  Well, Kason is bundled up, Duane insisted it was not that cold.  It was.
Photobucket

Saturday was the parade.  I have been watching this parade since I was a kid.  In high school, I walked in the parade with my cheerleading squad.  I was so excited for Kason to experience one of the traditions I experienced as a kid.  We live right along the parade route, so we had quite a big group at our house.  Kason was of course in awe of the whole parade.  He even skipped his morning nap because he was just so interested.  I'm sure he will love it next year, when he can actually stand on his own and catch candy! I didn't take a ton of pictures of the actual parade, because I was holding Kason, but here are a few of the people! :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
{All of these boys were born within 3 weeks of each other! :)}

On Sunday, we went to the orchard.  This is another tradition that I love to share with Kason.  My family went to the same orchard when I was growing up, so it's so fun to take Kason there.  Once again, he just loves to look around at everything going on.  He also loves to "eat" apples.  Ha! :)
Photobucket
{Trying to get some of that yummy apple!}
Photobucket
Photobucket

Such a fun weekend!  Now I just have to get through parent-teacher conferences, literacy night, and 4 days of school and I'm free for 2 weeks!  

Hope your weekend was great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment