Monday, March 25, 2013

24 weeks {baby g #2}

 photo 24Weeks_1S_zps506888be.jpg
Today I'm 24 weeks pregnant with baby girl!  I know I say it ever post, but it seems like these weeks are just flying by.  We are so busy, that I feel like time is slipping right by me.  Before I know it, I'll be 30 weeks!  So crazy!

Pregnancy Updates:

Baby G's size: Baby girl (still nameless) weighs a little over a pound and is almost a foot long (about the length of an ear of corn).  I feel like just in the last week she has grown a LOT.  She is for sure taking up more space, and my other organs are starting to get squished. :)

My size: Not sure what I weigh, our scaled is broken.  Like I said, she's growing like crazy.  I've noticed within that last couple of weeks that it's getting much harder to do common tasks, like bend down to pick up Kason's toys.  Or standing up while holding Kason.  I can tell that my stomach just feels heavier, so I know I'm getting bigger!  I'm only wearing maternity pants now, but still sticking to mainly my regular shirts.


Movement: This baby is really starting to move!  I think that as she gets bigger, my anterior placenta becomes less of an issue.  She is still most active in the morning and late at night, but I now can feel her at other times throughout the day.  I've noticed that if I push lightly on my stomach, I can get her to move, which makes me feel much better if I'm ever questioning her kicks.  

Most excited thing: Obviously, I want this baby to stay inside of me for AT LEAST another 14 weeks, making it to 24 weeks is always a relief seeing that it's considered viability week.  The baby would still be very tiny if born now, but her chances of surviving outside of the womb have gone up significantly.  

Most annoying thing: As she makes her scent upwards, I can tell my lungs and starting to get squished. I get out of breath and find myself searching for air much more often.  I've been sleeping better, so that's a relief, but laying down is still uncomfortable especially on my back.


Cravings:  I honestly haven't craved much lately.  I eat a few bites of anything and get full right away.

Sickness: Haven't been sick at all recently!  Still feel nauseous some days, but thankful for no throwing up!

Next appointment: I go back to the doctor April 11.  Hopefully it'll be warm by then!
 photo 24Weeks_2S_zpsc914aa0c.jpg
Earlier on in this pregnancy, I thought I was carrying this baby so much higher.  However, this week it looks like Kason was higher, and I was actually a little bigger?!  Who knows!  Maybe it was just because I'm wearing black this week.  So fun to see the differences. :)
 photo 24Weeks_ComparissonS_zpse19e9fed.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment