Friday, April 26, 2013

just the two of us

It's hard to believe that it's almost May.  That means in just two-ish months, baby girl will join our family.  I've said it once, and I'll say it a hundred more times, this pregnancy has flown by.  I can't believe how much more quickly it's gone this time around.  I've tried to really soak up my time with just Kason, but I can feel a little anxiety knowing it's coming to an end.

Honesty, I feel good about Kason becoming a big brother.  I've prayed a lot about it, and God has given me a peace over my worry.  He's going to love his baby sister, and although there will be rough days, I know that giving him a sibling is an amazing gift.  I don't feel as though I'm ruining his life (as I did a few months ago), but instead feel like I'm giving him a new best friend.  You know, the type of best friend he will hate every other day, but deep down love and protect her.  The best type of friend. :)

So, as our days alone are drawing to an end, I'm trying to do one special date day a week, just with me and Kason.  It doesn't have to be anything extravagant, just something that I know Kason would enjoy. Something that gives him my undivided attention.  This week, we decided to head to one of Kason's favorite places, The Children's Museum.  I'm so thankful that the world's largest children's museum is just a 20 minute drive.  Kason always loves it there, and I love to watch him light up when he learns new things.
 photo DD1_5S_zps82677187.jpg
 photo DD1_2S_zps78b0fa64.jpg
 photo DD1_1S_zps64e48bec.jpg
 photo DD1_3S_zps34996ca4.jpg
 photo DD1_4S_zps304a056a.jpg

After the museum, we headed to lunch on the canal.  Kason loves when we go to lunch at this restaurant, because the people mover, or "choo-choo" as he calls it, goes right by it.  He also loves the canal, because he loves anything related to water.  After lunch, we headed down to the canal and Kason fed the ducks.  Or geese.  Which totally freak me out, but luckily they didn't attack us when the bread was gone. :)
 photo DD1_7S_zps128b8900.jpg
 photo DD1_8S_zps69b9a0f5.jpg
 photo DD1_6S_zpsecf55da9.jpg
 photo DD1_10S_zpse8dd5fd5.jpg
 photo DD1_9S_zps8f12c676.jpg

So thankful for this time with my boy.  I know I'll look back and cherish these days so, so much. 

 I have a few other date ideas in mind, but if you have anything that would be fun for a 2 year old boy (ALL boy), send those ideas my way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment