Wednesday, May 8, 2013

30 weeks {baby g #2}


 photo 30Weeks_1S_zpsb496b010.jpg
Monday I was 30 weeks pregnant with our sweet girl.  30 weeks always seems like a huge milestone to me.  I've made it through the teens and the twenties, now I just have to make it through the thirties! Once I hit 30 weeks with Kason, I remember it just flying by.  With a busy 2 months of photo sessions, 2 family vacations, and lots of things to prepare for our girl, there is no doubt that the next two and a half months are going to go by in the blink of an eye.

I went to the doctor today, and when the doctor measured me he said I was measuring really small.  He wanted me to go for an ultrasound just to check things out.  I have to say, I was so nervous.  I'm a small person, so I'm not surprised I'm measuring small, but I never had to have any out-of-the-ordinary ultrasounds with Kason, so I was a bit of a mess.  I had to wait 2 hours for the ultra sound, and I spent a lot of time praying!  Duane came to meet me, and I'm so thankful for that.  It turns out everything is perfect.  Our sweet girl is actually measuring between 31-32 weeks, so she's actually big.  I'm wondering if maybe the original due date I calculated (July 8) is more accurate?  Or maybe she's just big?  Who knows.  Just so thankful everything is ok.  The tech. also informed me that she's head down, ready to go.  Yay!

Pregnancy Updates:

Baby G's size: Baby girl is about 15.7 inches long and at the ultrasound today they said she weighed 4.1 pounds (about the size of a head of cabbage).  My pregnancy app says she should weigh about 3 pounds at this point..so either she's huge, or the ultrasound measurements are off.  Sister is running out of room, for sure!

My size: Today I weighed 122 pounds, which means I lost a pound in the past 2 weeks.  Not sure how that happened?!  

Movement: I'm getting to the point where there's so much movement going on, that I pretty much feel her all day.  This is such an answered prayer, since I couldn't feel her much in the beginning.  Now I can see body parts popping up in various parts of my stomach.  Her favorite thing to do is ball up and push her booty up.  At least that's why it feels like she's doing, but I guess I don't know that for sure!  She does this on one side of my stomach and it's quite uncomfortable.  Until my ultrasound today I was sure her head was between my ribs, but it turns out, that's her booty!  She's head down and the tech said her booty is sticking up..so that's what's in my ribs. :)

Most exciting thing: My friend Sam just finished up her quilt!!  Although she doesn't have a crib for it to go into yet, I am SO excited for this!  I can't wait to take her photos on it!  We are also going for a 4D ultrasound this weekend.  To say I'm excited to see her gorgeous little face is an understatement. :)

Most annoying thing: I hate to complain, but if I'm being honest, from now until the end of pregnancy will be pretty uncomfortable for me.  Obviously, I'll endure whatever it takes to carry her full term, but man, it's hard being short and carrying a baby.  I'm really uncomfortable, just because my torso is so small, that it literally feels like I can't breath most of the time.  I know it's all worth it, but I forgot how uncomfortable it is towards the end.


Cravings:  I honestly haven't craved much lately.  I eat a few bites of anything and get full right away.

Sickness: I've been really nauseous again, so more Zofran it is!


Next appointment: I went to the doctor this morning, and will go back in two weeks.  Happy to announce that my 1 hour glucose test was normal, so no 3 hour test for me.  Yay!

 photo 30Weeks_2S_zpsc153480b.jpg

This week, even though the angles are different, I think I'm the exact same size that I was with Kason.  So fun to look at these comparissons each week!  So glad I have them!
 photo 30WeeksComparrisonS_zpsf0b6e216.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment