Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cooking {Part 2}

About a month ago I blogged about a new hobby I was trying out.  That hobby was cooking.  Now, 5 days after I typed that post I had a baby, so you have to cut me some slack when I tell you that I have not been cooking like I vowed to.  We've been eating out a lot and have also had wonderful friends and family bring us meals.  Needless to say, I have not been cooking.  However, this week I've been able to start to get into a routine with Kason, so I've started cooking again!  Yay!  I made two easy, yummy meals this week.  I found both recipes on this website.  This website has lots of quick, easy meals.  It's great for a rookie like myself!!  

Two nights ago I made this. . . 

Photobucket

{Chicken and Pepper Past Bake}
Photo from Kraft Recipes

Now my intention was to take a picture of every step to show you all how easy it was.  However, I had a very upset, hungry baby while I was cooking, so my camera was the last thing on my mind!  To find the recipe check out the website.  It was great, and easy!

Tonight I had a sleepy, sweet baby and was able to take some pictures while I cooked.  I made Chicken Capri Pasta that I also found on Kraft Food's website.  It was also easy and turned out pretty well!  Now I know both of these are not only chicken, but also pasta recipes.  My goal is to branch out next week. We'll see how it goes!  

Here's how to make Chicken Capri Pasta. . . 

Step 1:

Photobucket

Cut up about half of a red pepper.

Step 2:

Photobucket

Cut up 1 pound of chicken.

Step 3: 

Photobucket

Cook angel hair pasta (not sure the exact amount, I just kind of eyeballed it! :))

Step 4: 

Photobucket

Cook pepper and chicken together for about 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.

Step 5:

Photobucket

Make sure your cute baby is still sound asleep.  Ok, so that's not really a step, but I had to throw in a picture of him somewhere!!!  And no, he doesn't always sleep in his car seat!  We had to run to Walgreens to get some milk, and he looked so peaceful when we got home I didn't want to wake him. :)

Step 6: 

Photobucket

Add Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Cream.  I had never heard of this before and I guess it is new.  You can find it with the cream cheese at the grocery store. :)

Step 7: 

Photobucket

Grate parmesan cheese to sprinkle on pasta and chicken.

Step 8: 

Photobucket

Cover past with chicken/pepper/sauce combination.  Spring with cheese and you're done!  See, told you it was easy!

I also baked these yummy muffins...

Photobucket

Blueberry muffins are Duane's favorite and I thought they turned out well!  

Now I know what you're thinking, that was an easy recipe, why would you post it.  Well, like I said, I'm all about the quick, easy recipes so that's what I'm sticking to!!  I'm no gourmet chef like Pioneer Woman, so if you want some more complex recipes, check out her website! :)

Hope you all are having a great week.  Happy Thursday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment