Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2 Years

Two years ago today I was looking out the window at all of the rain that was falling on my soon to be outdoor wedding.  You might think that I was stressing out, but I wasn't.  I kept saying over and over again that no matter what the weather, I would still be married at the end of the day.

Photobucket

Two years ago today I was putting on the most gorgeous dress I'd ever seen.  I was so anxious for Duane to see the "secret" dress.

Photobucket

Two years ago today I was praying with my bridesmaids and mom.  I was crying like a baby for the first time that day, believe it of not!  I was so thankful to be surrounded by my best friends.  They made the day so special!

Photobucket

Two years ago today my dad walked me down the isle and gave me away.  I said goodbye to the life I'd known for 22 years and welcomed in a new life. 

Photobucket

Two years ago today I stood up in front of our closest friends and family and made a promise to love Duane for the rest of my life.  Little did I know I would love him much more today than I did even on our wedding day.

Photobucket

Two years ago today I became Mrs. Gibbs.  I can honestly say that these two years have been the best years of my life.  They have been crazy but I am so thankful that I've had Duane by my side every step of the way.  He is one of the most patient and caring people I have ever met.  Life is so much fun with him.  I am grateful for his love for Jesus more than anything else.  Watching him with Kason has been so amazing.  I know that Kason will grow up with a loving, patient daddy and for that I am so thankful.  I'm so glad I have him as my teammate in parenting.  I absolutely could not do it without him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Two years ago I never imagined that our family picture would look like this.  We had no idea that in two short years God would bless us with a beautiful baby boy.  We can't imagine life without our third family member! :)

Photobucket

Happy 2nd anniversary Duane!  I love you very much! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment