Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chicken Fajitas and Lemon Chicken Piccata {Cooking}

Oh, cooking.  I'm afraid I've kinda fallen off the wagon.  Once school started, the cooking stopped.  It's exhausting to be on your feet all day and then come home to a very sweet (but very needy) baby.  By the time dinner time rolls around I have no physical or mental energy left.  I'm hoping this will get easier from here on out.  My body is just having a hard time adjusting.  

I can't remember when I cooked these two things but it was prior to the start of school.  They are both great, easy recipes and I hope to cook them again soon!

{Chicken Fajitas}

These are so simple, it's almost pointless to post the recipe.  However, they were so good I feel like I have to!

Here is what you will need:
Photobucket
And my favorite:
Photobucket
First I cut the chicken into strips.
Photobucket
{I do realize how close that paci is to uncooked meat..don't worry, I washed it!}
Next I added a little crushed red pepper to the chicken and then cooked it.
Photobucket
After that, I added the Santa Fe Blend to the cooked chicken and let it cook for about 4 more minutes.
Photobucket
After that, I just added lettuce, cheese, and sour cream and I had this delicious chicken fajita!
Photobucket
See...SURPER simple! :)

{Lemon Chicken Piccata}

This one was a tad more difficult, but still very easy!  Here is what you will need:
Photobucket
{Minus the rice cereal and oatmeal..ha!}
The first thing I did was cut 4 small slices from one of the lemons.  After that, I squeezed the juice from the remaining lemons.  Hindsight, I probably would have just used lemon juice.  Squeezing the lemons was sticky and messy and I feel like I didn't get enough juice.  
Photobucket
Next, I crushed up about 1 cup of Ritz Crackers into a bowl.
Photobucket
I then coated the defrosted chicken in this...
Photobucket
After that I put the chicken in the bowl of ritz and then put them on the skillet!
Photobucket
I cooked the chicken for about 8 minutes.  While I was cooking that chicken I also let the lemon juice come to a boil. 
Photobucket
 Once the chicken was finished cooking I poured the lemon juice onto the chicken and let it cook for a couple more minutes.  I decided to serve the chicken with rice and here is the final product...
Photobucket
Like I said, easy and yummy but very messy!  This is what the counter looked like once I finished...
Photobucket

Well, there you have it!  Two new, delicious recipes.  Maybe I'll try something new this week.  Maybe.

Happy cooking and Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment