I almost laughed out loud when I titled this post and then looked at the clock. 10:03 pm. For someone that wakes up at 5 am and teaches 22 sixth graders all day, that is late night. Anyways...
Duane had grad school tonight and is finally on his way home. It was a difficult night flying solo, but I'm proud to say I had Kason fed, bathed, and in bed by 9:20. I was pretty proud of myself seeing as it's the first time I've accomplished this alone. However, I give props to all the single parents out there. I have no idea how you do it. In an attempt to keep my eyes open so that I can at least see my husband once today, I decided to blog some random things that are on my mind. Watch out..mom brain + late night = some crazy thoughts!
1. Today, after picking Kason up from my mom's I took a glance in the mirror. I had my camera bag, diaper bag, and purse on one arm. On the other arm I had my breast pump, milk cooler, lunch, and car seat. I looked like a crazy bag lady....or just a working, busy mama! I wanted to snap a picture with my phone, but I'm not that talented!
2. I think all moms should have at least 4 arms based on my statement above. It would just make life a whole lot easier.
3. Today at school I have to explain to one of my students that it's actually not a good idea to climb inside your locker and attempt to lock yourself in. I love this student...he makes me laugh on a daily basis but he sure does keep me on my toes!
4. I bought a Baby Bullet tonight. I have gone back and fourth as to what type of baby food maker I wanted to get. After reading LOTS of reviews I can see positives and negatives to about every food maker out there. I talked to several people that own the Baby Bullet and love it...so I decided to go for it! Be looking for a baby food making blog post in the near future (which lets be honest..could be a year at this point).
5. I think I could watch HGTV all day everyday. If I had to give up all channels except one..I'd probably choose HGTV. Love it!
6. At Taget this evening I was behind an extreme couponer. I mean...binder and all. She was buying about 20 toothpaste bottles at a killer deal. It was the kind of toothpaste I use and I'll admit I was slightly jealous. However, that extreme couponing looks extremely hard and extremely time consuming. I think I'll keep my sanity. We all know I don't have much left as it is!
7. Kason tried sweet potatoes last night and LOVED them. My mom said they were my favorite when I was little. Now I think they are ga-ross...but I'm glad he likes them!
8. My milk supply is going down. The lactation consultant said this would happen after a few weeks back at work. I'm so worried I'll have to stop nursing Kason sooner than I wanted. I'm hoping to make it to 12 months. I got some sort of herb that was recommended to me. I hope it helps. Sorry if this random thought was too much information.
9. I got the People Magazine that gives the scoop on Kim Kardashian's wedding. SO excited to read it but can already tell you I am not impressed with her dresses. I'll be honest, Keeping Up with the Kardashians is one of my favorite shows. I know, I know, it's trash TV and a complete waste of time...but I can't help it!
10. I am absolutely dreading my alarm clock in the morning, but am thankful tomorrow is Friday. And my first official pay check since May. That's something to get excited about my friends! :)
Duane just walked in and Kaia almost attacked him. I guess that's my cue to spend some QT with my husband and head to bed! Have a great Friday! :)