Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sending Prayers

I just wanted to ask that you keep my sister, Jill, in your prayers over the next couple of weeks. She is a senior at Anderson and is just a few short months away from becoming a nurse. Tomorrow she will be boarding a plane and heading to China for two and a half weeks. While she is there she and a few others will be working in hospitals in various parts of China. They will mostly be observing due to the language barrier, but will help out in whatever ways they can. Along with this mission work, they will get to chance to do some pretty cool sight seeing. Needless to say I am a little bit jealous of her. :)

Jill and I are 15 1/2 month apart. Growing up we did not always agree on everything (or anything) but now we are extremely close. She is one of the most sarcastic people I know and always makes me laugh. She has a passion for sick children (she says they are much easier to deal with than healthy children..ha) and dreams of working at a children's hospital after graduation. I am so proud of my little sister!

So if you think of it, please say a prayer for her. This is the furthest from home that she has ever travled and I know that she is slightly nervous about it. She is also a bit nervous about being gone for so long. I'm sure once she gets there she will love it and the time will fly by but just pray for her to have a safe plane ride and lots of great experiences.

Here is a recent picture of Jill and I....


We love you and are praying for you sis! Have a great time..can't wait to hear about it!

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20

We are sitting at the airport waiting for our flight! Can't wait to be in sunny Florida! Bye for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment