Monday, January 28, 2013

16 weeks {baby g #2}

 photo 16Weeks_1S_zps684210e6.jpg
I am 16 weeks with Baby G #2!  I can't believe how much more quickly this pregnancy is going.  I feel like I JUST typed a 14 week post, and it's been two weeks.  I'm excited it's going so quickly, but need it to slow down a bit. :)

Pregnancy Updates:

Baby G's size: He/she (this is the last time I will have to use both he and she..next post I will know...eeeek!!) is about 4 1/2 inches long, and weighs about 3 1/2 oz.  About the size of an avocado.

My size: Our scale at home is out of batteries, so I don't weigh myself unless I go to the dr.  I did weigh myself at the gym this morning, and I'm still holding steady at 114 lbs, making my total weight gain 1 lb.  I've been trying hard to watch what I eat, and make better decisions.  I'm hoping to start walking again, now the my energy is slowly coming back.  My jeans still fit, mostly because I'm carrying higher, so my stomach is over where I button my jeans.  I have thrown on the maternity pants a few times for comfort though!


Movement: Still feeling steady movement.  The baby seems way more active at night, so I love to lay in bed and feel his/her little kicks.

Most excited thing: I'm so excited to find out what this baby is in 2 weeks I can hardly contain myself!

Most annoying thing: Well, apparently my body doesn't get the "morning (all day) sickness is supposed to end in the first trimester.  I've thrown up a few times the past few nights and am still nauseous.  This was the same with Kason, so no surprise.  I did cave, and finally got my Zofran prescription filled.  I always try and tough it out, but when the sickness is still lingering after trimester 1, I give in.  I did the exact same thing with Kason.  I've also been getting awful 3-day-long headaches.  Yuck!!

Cravings: Chick-Fil-A hash browns.  I'm afraid the healthy cravings are gone for now..ha!

Sickness: Still nauseous.  Still throwing up.  Lovely!

Next appointment: February 13th we will find out the gender!  Yay!
 photo 16Weeks_2S_zpsf89e5bb6.jpg
 photo MommaKaseBabyS_zps4011a599.jpg
I feel like I am SO much bigger this time around, but looking at a comparison, I don't think I look that much bigger this time around.  Maybe because I'm carrying differently?  Or maybe I just popped out faster and now the growth has kind of slowed down?  Who knows!  One thing is for sure, my face is already chubbier.  I can't imagine what I'll look like at 38 weeks in JUNE!
 photo 16WeekComparisonS_zps1d187ef4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment