Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Photobucket

We had a crazy busy weekend..but it was so fun!  I have been a little stressed about this weekend because I knew how hard it might be to do all of the things we had to do with a 10-week-old in tote.  He's such a good baby but I know how exhausted he gets when we are busy going from place to place.  It turns out I had nothing to be worried about.  He was SO good all weekend!  He is getting to be so much more interactive and it's so fun to watch him learn about new things in his environment.  Although we did a lot of fun things this weekend, my most favorite times were laying in bed with Duane and Kason and just listening to Kason talk to us and flash us those huge, toothless smiles.  Those are the times I hope to remember in the years to come.

Kason had a couple of firsts this weekend that I wanted to share.  Saturday evening Kason got to go to his first wedding reception!  Some of our friends got married this weekend and we decided to take Kason along.  My sister kept him during the wedding (thanks Aunt Jill) and then we took him to the reception.  Evenings are usually a bit rough around here, but Kason did so well.  He was happy the majority of the reception.  He also looked pretty darn cute! :)

Photobucket
{Waiting to eat at the reception.  The food was wonderful..best food I've had at a wedding in a while! :)}


Photobucket
{My friend Megan with her baby, Graham.  Graham is 2 weeks younger than Kason but a LOT taller!  I think we have a short little peanut on our hands!}


Photobucket
{They will be great friends someday!}


Photobucket
{Our little party animal only fell asleep for about 20 minutes.  He was awake and happy the rest of the time!}


Photobucket
{Our best friends, Todd and Carrie, at the reception.}


Photobucket
{Carrie and I.  So thankful for this girl!}


Photobucket
{My friend Ted with Kason.}


Photobucket
{Trying to get Kason and Graham to look at each other..ha!}


Photobucket
{My sweet family.}


Photobucket
{With the beautiful bride!  I LOVED her dress!}


Photobucket
{Kason with his mama!}


On Memorial day Kason had another first..his first trip to the lake!  I blogged about how much I love the lake here.  It was so fun to take Kason to experience all of the things I love!  He got to see some friends that hadn't seen him in a while and he got to take his first boat ride!  I know we will be spending many more summer days at the lake, and I can't wait to take Kason along.

Photobucket
{SUCH a nice day!}

Photobucket
{Ready to go!  Does this kid look like a beach bum or what?!}

Photobucket
{First boat ride!}


Photobucket
{The Girls and Kason..we're missing Stacey!}


Photobucket


Photobucket
{Aunt Jill and Kase}


Photobucket
{Grandpa making Kason smile.}


Photobucket
{Such a sweet baby!}


Photobucket


Photobucket
{Kason and Aunt Stacey.}


We also went to a going away party for some good friends on Memorial Day.  They are moving to Maryland to plant a church and we couldn't be more excited for them!  It was sad to say goodbye, but we are so excited to see what God has in store for their family and Silver Springs!  Check out their story here.

Photobucket
{Group shot minus Aaron and Karrie's other two boys.}

Photobucket
{Karrie and I with our babies!}


Photobucket
{With all the babies..just one in a belly!}


Wow, that was a long post!  Thanks for sticking around until the end..assuming you made it to the end without getting bored! :)


I hope you had a wonderful, long weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment