Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hello There, Reality.

It has now been a little over 24 hours since we had our ultrasound and found out that there is a baby boy in my stomach.  This tiny person inside of me is no longer an "it".  He is a boy and he is our son.  He is an 8 ounce baby that is changing our lives.

Now I am well aware that I have been pregnant for 4 1/2 months now, but somehow finding out that Baby G was a boy has made this pregnancy so much more real to me.  Might sound strange, but I feel so much more of a connection to this baby now that I KNOW he is a boy.  I had several friends tell me how much more connected they felt once they found out the sex of their baby, but experiencing it first hand is a big time reality check.  It is a wonderful feeling to give this little baby inside of me an identity.  I have spent the last 4+ months dreaming about a baby, now I'm dreaming about a baby boy.  A baby boy that quite frankly I am terrified to raise.  After all, I was raised with two sisters, my experience with boys is slim to none.  Luckily, God is always right by my side guiding me along the way.

Duane was absolutely ecstatic when the ultrasound tech. showed us that little penis.  I think that the experience made this seem so much more real to him.  He is naturally nervous about bringing this baby into our lives, but is much more confident about raising a boy than I am.  I am so excited to see Duane with his son.  I can't wait to watch them together and I know Duane can't wait to teach this baby how to play golf, basketball, football, and any other sport you can think of! 

 We, of course, have already been shopping.  While we were hanging up some of Baby G's new clothes tonight we laughed at the fact that a year ago we had no idea that we'd be buying baby clothes today.  We were hanging OUR little boy's clothes up in HIS closet, I just can't get over it!  This little guy already has quite the wardrobe thanks in part to both grandmas and Aunt Jill. :)

Photobucket
And I thought finding cute boys clothes would be difficult...

Although I am still very much overwhelmed with the thought of being a mama, I am SO thankful that this little guy is healthy.  I am so glad I can refer to him by name (although no one else can..:)).  I can begin to prepare myself to raise this little boy.  How exciting!

We love you Baby G and are SO excited that you are our SON! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment